Monday, January 31, 2011

33 Bottles of beer


Way back last February I posted about a cool pocket sized tasting journal named 33 Bottles of beer. The note book is sold in a package of three (which worked out perfectly at one for each of us). My first entry was on March 11th 2010. It was Lagunitas Hop Stoopid in a 22oz bottle. It's been a while so I don't remeber it all that well. I commented that it was good for the price but not the smoothest IPA. I haven't had it since so it must not have left that great of an impression on me.


On January 21st 2011 I logged my 33rd entry in true Texas fashion with a bottle of Lone Star beer. I know that it's cheap and not exactly complex but you know what? It's easy to drink and true to its style (American Lager). I like this stuff. I know it isn't the type of thing that beer geeks would get excited about but that doesn't discredit it one bit. I'm sure I'll be consuming many a Lone Star come summer. 


So many new beers to try here in Texas that are not distributed back in NY. I'll be ordering some new journals shortly. I doubt it will take me as long to fill one up this time around. At 3 for $10 these things should be in the pocket of every beer geek.

You can get your own here.

Cheers,
 - Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment